I am always searching for new and exciting products to review & share with my readers! If you would like to sponsor a product for review and/or giveaway, please contact me by clicking the button. Thanks!
- 2013 (14)
- 2012 (204)
- Winner Of The Smoky Mountain Minerals Foundation I...
- Sunglass Warehouse Review and Giveaway
- Three New Winners To Announce!!
- Have A Safe and Blessed Day No Matter How You Spen...
- Winner of the Hoop-La Earrings Giveaway Announced
- Sorry To Post So Late....
- Become.com ~ Your Online Comparison Shopping Site!...
- It's time to announce the Skin Free Skin Care $30 ...
- 50 Dollar PayPal Giveaway~Enter Now For Your Chanc...
- 50 DOLLAR PayPal GIVEAWAY! Bloggers Can Sign Up F...
- Mountain Rose Herbs Invigorating Hair Oil Review &...
- $100 Amazon Card GIVEAWAY!
- Two Winners To Announce!!
- The National Consumer Panel Wants YOU!
- AWESOME Giveaway Alert! ~Orient Watch USA~ from A ...
- Two contests down, two winners to announce!!
- ATTENTION BLOGGERS: $100 Amazon Twitter Blast
- 25% off at My Eyeglass Case!
- Correction Post for Smoky Mountain Minerals... ope...
- A MUST vent post!
- Smoky Mountain Minerals - Review and Giveaway Open...
- Book Review~ Cold River by Liz Adair
- Doorstep Curiosities Review and Giveaway
- Winners To Announce!!!!
- Angel Of 2 Review and 50% off Purchase Giveaway!
- Attention All Bloggers: Diamond Candles Review & ...
- InfraShine Curling Iron Giveaway Over At Sugar Pop...
- My Face Case ~CUTE~ makeup bag!~ Review and Giveaw...
- Vintage Custom Earrings By Hoop-La Review And Give...
- Come And Check Out These Awesome DVD Coupons!
- Eshakti - Clothes made just for YOU plus $20 off y...
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
5:15 PM | Posted by Rebecca R | | Edit Post
I've had the pleasure of reviewing some fabulous mineral makeup from Smoky Mountain Minerals! Until recently, I have not heard of this company before and I was super excited to give them a try. I'm always on the look out for mineral foundation that will actually match my skin color. I'm very pale with neither pink nor yellow tones. I've never really been able to find a color that matched perfectly. It was either too yellow or too pink and because of that I never really felt comfortable with my current color choice. Here is a little bit about the company:
Our mission is to make affordable healthy makeup and skin care available to everyone.
Specially formulated by Smoky Mountain Minerals to meet the highest standards of freshness and purity!
All minerals are madeup of pure minerals. No fillers, no perfumes, no oils, no additives. Pure minerals only!! Ingredients consist of sericite, titanium dioxide, iron oxides, silica spheres (excluding Illusion Veil and Glow). In addition to the ingredients listed above, our Illusion Veil and Glow also contain zeamays, cosmetic grade cornstarch for slip.
Some of the benefits of our minerals:
We do not use Bismuth Oxycholoride in our products. This is the ingredient several national brands use that can cause itching and redness. And since we do not use bismuth oxychloride, you do not have to "buff" your minerals in like you would other brands. Just apply as you would a regular face powder. Superior coverage!
Our minerals give you a very natural look. They are weightless and glide on like silk while still giving excellent coverage.
Stays on all day and is water-resistant. Swim, perspire, watch a sad movie. Just blot wetness don't wipe.
Now onto my review...
I received 6 sample jars to try out. I would like to start with the foundation.
To the far left, in the picture, we have the Light Foundation. To the far right, we have the Medium Foundation. It's a little hard to tell in the picture, but the one on the left (Light Foundation) is the one that I have been using. This is almost a perfect match! I love how finely milled the foundation is. It goes on so smoothly and covers very nicely! The Medium Foundation worked perfectly on my daughter's complexion.
|Here, you can clearly see the difference in colors.|
Next I would like to show you the blush I received. Vision Blush is a really pretty coral, every so slightly pink color with a slight sparkle to it. You can wear it light, or layer it on for a more intense color and you can even wear it as eyeshadow. Since I am so pale, I prefer to use light strokes. It gives my cheeks a nice healthy color.
Next is the Light Bronzer, I usually don't wear a bronzer as it adds way too much color. My daughter is darker than I am and she loved it. It gave her skin a nice beautiful glow (as if she needed it!). The swatch, in the picture, shows the color very nicely. It is a very beautiful color, just not for me.
I really love the Be Flawless Veil. It gives me glowing skin! Who doesn't love glowing skin!! I must say, though, that my favorite is Halo Glow. Halo Glow gives your complexion a subtle golden dewy luminescent glow. Use alone or over makeup to help minimize lines, wrinkles and pores. Use allover for a youthful luminescence or highlight cheeks and chin. I REALLY love this stuff!!
WHERE TO BUY: You can purchase Smoky Mountain Minerals on their website here.
WHAT YOU CAN WIN: Smoky Mountain Minerals has generously offered to give one of my lucky readers a jar of their fabulous mineral foundation! This giveaway is open to the US and Canada and will end on December 27, 2011. Good luck to all!