I am always searching for new and exciting products to review & share with my readers! If you would like to sponsor a product for review and/or giveaway, please contact me by clicking the button. Thanks!
- 2013 (14)
- 2012 (204)
- Winner Of The Smoky Mountain Minerals Foundation I...
- Sunglass Warehouse Review and Giveaway
- Three New Winners To Announce!!
- Have A Safe and Blessed Day No Matter How You Spen...
- Winner of the Hoop-La Earrings Giveaway Announced
- Sorry To Post So Late....
- Become.com ~ Your Online Comparison Shopping Site!...
- It's time to announce the Skin Free Skin Care $30 ...
- 50 Dollar PayPal Giveaway~Enter Now For Your Chanc...
- 50 DOLLAR PayPal GIVEAWAY! Bloggers Can Sign Up F...
- Mountain Rose Herbs Invigorating Hair Oil Review &...
- $100 Amazon Card GIVEAWAY!
- Two Winners To Announce!!
- The National Consumer Panel Wants YOU!
- AWESOME Giveaway Alert! ~Orient Watch USA~ from A ...
- Two contests down, two winners to announce!!
- ATTENTION BLOGGERS: $100 Amazon Twitter Blast
- 25% off at My Eyeglass Case!
- Correction Post for Smoky Mountain Minerals... ope...
- A MUST vent post!
- Smoky Mountain Minerals - Review and Giveaway Open...
- Book Review~ Cold River by Liz Adair
- Doorstep Curiosities Review and Giveaway
- Winners To Announce!!!!
- Angel Of 2 Review and 50% off Purchase Giveaway!
- Attention All Bloggers: Diamond Candles Review & ...
- InfraShine Curling Iron Giveaway Over At Sugar Pop...
- My Face Case ~CUTE~ makeup bag!~ Review and Giveaw...
- Vintage Custom Earrings By Hoop-La Review And Give...
- Come And Check Out These Awesome DVD Coupons!
- Eshakti - Clothes made just for YOU plus $20 off y...
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
6:00 AM | Posted by Rebecca R | | Edit Post
Once I picked this book up, I just didn't want to put it down. I finished this 324 page book in about 3 days. That is amazing considering I have an almost 2 year old that runs around like a crazy mad woman! This is one of those books where you grab your soft blanket, cup of coffee or warm tea, and just read by the fireplace on a cold evening. This book will keep you guessing!
Here is just a tiny bit about the book without giving away too much!
Mandy takes a position as Superintendent of a small seemingly back woods school district because she feels she needs a change in her life. But when mysterious "accidents" begin to happen to her, the idea of going back to her former job begins to look pretty good. The fact that there are three men she has feelings for is the one thing that keeps her from leaving.
If you love a good mystery with some romance thrown in, you'll love reading Cold River by Liz Adair.
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Born in southern New Mexico, Liz attended school in small towns in New Mexico, Wyoming, Alaska, Utah, and Arizona where she graduated from Fredonia High and NAU (then Arizona State College).
Liz married Derrill Adair in 1963, and they had four children of their own and adopted three more. Liz became a reading specialist and taught school for several years, but decided she needed to stay home to be a full-time wife and mother. She calls that her ‘Mother Earth’ decade when they lived in an old farmhouse and milked cows, had chickens and pigs, put up hay, and raised a huge garden.
The ‘Literary Decade’ began in 1989 and is still going on. Books by Liz Adair include the Spider Latham Mystery Series, consisting of The Lodger, After Goliath andSnakewater Affair and Mist of Quarry Harbor. Liz is also the co-editor (with her daughters Terry Gifford and Ruth Lavine) of Lucy Shook's Letters from Afghanistan. Her bookCounting the Cost, a novel based on family history, won the 2009 Whitney Award and was a finalist for the Willa Award and Arizona Publisher Association’s Glyph Award. Her newest book, a romantic suspense set in Pacific Northwest timber country and titled Cold River, is out in October 2011.
Liz and husband, Derrill, live in Sedro Woolley, Washington. Besides writing, Liz works as a forensic scheduler doing project delay analyses.
Liz is active in American Night Writers Association and LDStorymakers and belongs to the Skagit Valley Writer’s League.
WHERE TO BUY: You can buy direct from Amazon here for around $14.
*Disclaimer: I received the mentioned book to facilitate this review. No monetary compensation was received. All opinions are 100% my own.