I am always searching for new and exciting products to review & share with my readers! If you would like to sponsor a product for review and/or giveaway, please contact me by clicking the button. Thanks!
- 2013 (14)
- Hopping For Your Honey Huge Blog Hop G!veaway Pr!z...
- Winner of the Monave Minerals Try Me Set is....
- Hopping For Your Honey Blog Hop Giveaway Prize Pre...
- ENDED~Beecology Review and Bee-utiful G!veaway!
- Hopping For Your Honey Blog Hop HUGE G!veaway Priz...
- ENDED~Kristine's Shower Review and a Yummy G!veawa...
- Chocolate Handbag G!veaway over at Frugal Beauty!
- The Winner of the $20 GC to Sunglass Warehouse is....
- Candle Review Opportunity for Bloggers!
- Next Week is Spirit Week at Swagbucks!!!
- Leading Lady Full Figure Bra Review and G!veaway!
- Wanna win A LOT of new makeup? Check out Beauty C...
- TangerineLuLu jewelry review and an awesome $30 GC...
- Carry a gorgeous tote with a special meaning from ...
- Paparazzi Jewelry Review and Awesome Giveaway!
- Hair a little dry? Win a bottle of Tropical Tradit...
- Rafflecopter Launch Party Giveaway!
- Mouthwatering Aunt Nee's Salsa Mix Review
- Would love my readers opinions on products to revi...
- HAPPY HAPPY NEW YEAR!
- New Year, New Giveaway- Monave Mineral Makeup Revi...
- 2011 (115)
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
12:36 AM | Posted by Rebecca R | | Edit Post
A little bit about TangerineLulu
from the website
I bought my first piece of handcrafted jewelry twenty years ago at an outdoor art fair in Florida - a fun little amorphous creature pin crafted from a piece of slate with dangly little coiled copper arms and legs. I was just enthralled with the creativity and joyous spirit of the jewelry artists that I saw that day, and from that moment I was hooked.
I had the wonderful good fortune to own a store where I sold contemporary craft and lots of handcrafted jewelry made by artists from all over the U.S. and Canada for five years. Many of my customers told me that they had come to love handcrafted jewelry so much that their shopping routine had become first selecting a piece of jewelry and then buying clothes to go with it!
Handcrafted work in all media is becoming more desirable because it provides a connection to the person who created it and the pleasure of knowing very often that the item is totally unique. In a world of ever-increasing reliance on electronic devices as opposed to human interaction, handcrafted items are a lovely way to embrace the beauty of a low-tech creation.
My logo is very special to me because it is a portrait of me and my dog that my darling husband commissioned from a most gifted painter, Dana Shavin of Barking Horse Studios as a surprise birthday gift. My dog's favorite toy in the world is a little red ball, and Dana thought it would be fun to put it on her head! The talented Camille Chung, here on Etsy, created my logo.
I'm enjoying searching for unusual beads and stones and incorporating them into pieces of jewelry that are, in most cases, one of a kind. Let me share my love of handcrafted jewelry with you, and I hope you'll find wearing my pieces uplifting and fun and that you'll check back often to see what's new!
I was so excited when Marsha, of TangerineLuLu, agreed to let me write a review on one of her pieces. It took me, what seemed like hours, to choose what I would like to review. She asked that I choose several items and she would send me one from my list of picks as a surprise. I was EXTREMELY pleased when I received the Purple Mist necklace with purple riverstone, deep plum quartz teardrops, plum and black glass beads, and clear crystal beads. Wow, it is truly a stunning piece of jewelry. I have never worn a necklace of this length and I was a little nervous about it, at first, but once I tried it on all nerves had settled. I loved it and didn't want to take it off! I love the look of the necklace and how it sat around my neck. So beautiful and elegant.
What I love, too, is that it has a toggle clasp. For me, I find that to be much easier than a regular fastener..but that is just my opinion. Also, I feel that it makes the necklace look that much more elegant.
Below you will see the necklace in whole, and a close up shot of how beautiful the purple is on this piece.
Isn't the necklace just gorgeous? It is a MUST that you head on over to her shop and take a look at all of her gorgeous pieces. You will certainly have a tough time choosing just one piece!
HOW TO CONNECT: You can find TangerineLuLu on Etsy HERE. You can also connect with her on Facebook HERE.
HOW TO WIN: How would you like to win a $30 Gift Certificate to go towards anything in her shop? Well, that is what Marsha has generously offered to do! One lucky reader will win the $30 gift certificate by filling out the rafflecopter form below. This contest is open to the US/CAN and will close on February 10, 2012. Good luck to all!
*Disclosure: I was given the mentioned item to facilitate this review. I was not paid monetarily and all opinions are 100% my own.