I am always searching for new and exciting products to review & share with my readers! If you would like to sponsor a product for review and/or giveaway, please contact me by clicking the button. Thanks!
- 2013 (14)
- Dana Fragrances - Black Lace and Love's 5 Piece Se...
- Zipz Shoes - The Interchangeable Shoes - Review an...
- Crock-Pot - The Original Slow Cooker - Review
- YumEarth Organic Lollipops Review
- Lovable Labels - Don't Lose It, Label It! - Review...
- Almondina Biscuits - Delicious Cookies Without The...
- KissaBag Handbag Filler - Love Your Handbag! - Rev...
- OOFOS - Feel the OO - Review and Giveaway US ends ...
- The Many Uses Of Ivory
- Sizzling Summer Giveaway - Win a Kindle Fire OR $2...
- Purse Lights - Let There Be Light! - Review and Gi...
- BagBlaze - Beautiful bags with a beautiful price t...
- eShakti - Customized Clothes For Woman Sizes 0-26W...
- Hair Therapy Wrap - For A Good, Deep Conditioning ...
- A Clean Breeze swirls throughout my house with the...
- Noxicare Topical Cream - Review and Giveaway US an...
- Harvey Prince - Submariner Cologne Spray - This on...
- Rocky Mountain Popcorn - Yummy In Your Tummy!
- Shoplet.com Computer Accessories!
- Wow Bagluxe is giving away 30 handbags in 30 days,...
- imPRESS Press On Manicure
- Quaker Soft Baked Oatmeal Cookies
- Campus Books Rentals - Why Pay More When You Can R...
- Jenulence Mineral Blush and Eye shadow Review and ...
- Goat Haus Dairy Gift Box Giveaway! US only ends Ju...
- Summer Fun Birthday Bash Giveaway Hop - Cristophe ...
- Cristophe Glossing Shampoo and Conditioner Set Rev...
- Serious Staying Power with Mally Beauty Eyecolor S...
- Attention Bloggers: V.I.Bee Review/Giveaway Progra...
- Free Blogger Opportunity - Sizzling Summer Kindle ...
- Hello Kitty 24pc School Set & Lego Star Wars OR $1...
- For the Luck of Liberty Giveaway Hop - Costella Ha...
- 2011 (115)
Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, July 25, 2012
Almondina Biscuits - Delicious Cookies Without The Guilt! - Review and Giveaway US Only and ends on August 12, 2012!
2:51 AM | Posted by Rebecca IfOnlyLife | | Edit Post
The Almondina Story
(from their website)
Almondina® is the inspiring success story of a man whose great loves include both music and wonderful food. For generations his family loved his grandmother Dina’s most secret cookie, which she called Petit Gateau Sec. Yuval Zaliouk, an internationally known symphony conductor and gourmet chef, always had a special place in his heart (and stomach) for this exquisite, crispy wafer with the delicate flavor of roasted almonds and the natural sweetness of plump raisins.
Long after his grandmother’s death, Zaliouk became aware that the remarkable characteristics of this addictively delicious but extremely nutritious cookie fell squarely in line with the growing demands of health-conscious buyers at the end of the century. Within seven years having started baking in his kitchen, the cookies, renamed Almondina® for his grandmother, were available in all fifty states, sought after in seven foreign countries, and had brought him recognition as Entrepreneur of the Year.
This all-natural, crispy almond cookie has no cholesterol and no added fat, salt, or preservatives. It is wonderfully crunchy and does not have to be dipped. It is a delightful accompaniment for coffee, tea, soft cheeses and fine light wines. The rush to eliminate fat from gourmet foods too often has also eliminated most of the flavor, a fact which is in sharp contrast to this enticingly delicious cookie.
Since the introduction of the classic Original flavor, eight more distinctive variations have been introduced, all of which continue to be packed with roasted almonds. A recent innovation, Chocolate Cherry, combines the almonds with dark chocolate and plump cherries.
The Almondina Company sent me their Assorted 8-Cookie Gift Box which is a perfect way to get to try several different flavors. The flavors I received included: 2 Original, Choconut, Sesame, Gingerspice, Cinnaroma, and Chocolate Cherry. *See below for a description of the flavors.
I've always been aware of healthy cookies but never gave it a second thought since I'm not a huge fan of healthy eating. When I agreed to try the Almondina assortment, I really wasn't too thrilled but my curiosity overrode any negative thoughts; plus, I never back down from trying something new! I mean, how bad could they possibly be? At first glance, the cookies appeared rather stale and slightly unappetizing. You know that saying, "don't judge a book by it's cover"? Well, that couldn't be more true in this instance.
Holy taste buds, these cookies are delicious; the texture is very crispy, not stale tasting at all, and full of delicious flavor! My girls weren't too fond of them but me and my hubby sure were; we gobbled them up lightening fast! I have never tasted anything quite like this, from the texture to the actual taste. I love almonds but am not too fond of raisins. Surprisingly, the raisins offer a faint sweetness that didn't upset my taste buds!
We hear about this, ALL THE TIME but, when I think of healthy food, the words tasteless, and boring come to mind; I'm sorry, that's just the way I feel. I have no desire to eat foods that have no taste. Almondina has pleasantly surprised me in that they offer such delicious cookies that have ZERO fat and salt; they are also free of cholesterol, coloring, preservatives, non dairy AND are super low in calories. Normally, those words would have turned me away quick had I come across these in the store. There are some things that I review that I'm SO glad I was given the chance to, otherwise I would be seriously missing out; this is most definitely one of those times! I was sent a couple of coupons, along with the assortment, and have already used them up!
*Almondina cookies come in the following flavors:
- Original - America's all natural favorite with almonds and raisins
- Chocolate Cherry - We combined the world's finest dark chocolate with plump cherries to produce an irresistible, decadent treat without guilt.
- Choconut - Rich tasting crunchy chocolate, but low in calories
- Cinnaroma® - The original biscuit for cinnamon lovers
- Gingerspice - Trend setting, with chunks of Australian ginger
- AlmonDuo® - Double-nut wonder with almonds and pistachios
- AnniversaryT - Award winning delight with a touch of anise
- BranTreats® - Made with oat bran and the finest cinnamon "Cookies For Breakfast"
- Sesame - Irresistible, exotic, flavorful
- Seasonal Pumpkin Spice - A seasonal attraction with a delightful touch of fall spices combined with the highest quality almonds and pepitas(pumpkin seeds)
- Chocolate Dipped – the Original® dipped in the finest, pure, rich dark chocolate was previously offered only certain times of the year is now available year round
If you're not into healthy eating but want to give it a shot, Almondina cookies are a great place to start. Better yet, if you ARE into healthy eating, then you've GOT to try their cookies!
WHERE TO BUY: You can purchase from there website HERE or you can visit a retail near you. Some of the places you can purchase Almondina cookies are: Wal-Mart, Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Marshalls, TJ Maxx and other fine retail stores. To see a complete list of retailers in your state, click HERE.
Thanks to the good people over at Almondina, one lucky US reader will win the same sampler I received. Giveaway will end on August 12, 2012. Good luck to all!